Commodities are the fundamental building blocks of the world economy; the physical goods that are both used directly by consumers and industries to produce other consumer goods. There are several types of commodities, including:
- Energy (crude oil, heating oil and natural gas)
- Metals (gold, silver and copper)
- Agriculture (corn, wheat, rice, etc.)
- Softs (cocoa, coffee, sugar, etc.)
Commodity prices will be affected by a wide range of factors, including:
- Supply and demand
- Weather and geographical events
- Economic and political factors
- The value of the U.S. dollar (a majority of commodity prices are denominated in USD)
These products tend to be homogeneous in nature and play a fundamental role in the economy. Volatility can often be seen to increase whenever there are disruptions around the globe, like social or political unrest, or unusual weather conditions.
Commodities like Gold are popular with investors as they have long been considered a store of value and therefore, a ‘safe haven’. These safe haven assets have historically held their value during times of uncertainty.
Why trade Commodities with ADS Prime?
- Excellent spreads and prices
- Leverage up to 100:1
- All traded per whole tick movement
Commodities trading – Spreads, Leverage & Trading Hours
(8AM – 9PM)
|UK Crude||2.8||100:1||22:00 Sunday – 21:00 Monday
00:00 Tuesday – 22:00 Friday
(Friday 21:00 Closed)